Scheduling Summer Term Classes
All CAS units use Banner for Summer Term scheduling data entry. Refer to the Registrar's Office website for data entry training, deadlines, and instructions and contact RO staff with questions related to entering courses in Banner.
Certain courses require CAS approval:
- Classes that do NOT meet in the standard parts of term (A11, A8, A4, E4, or I3);
- Instructors teaching at more than 100% maximum teaching effort. The most common example of this is more than four credits in four weeks;
- Classes with fewer than expected engagement minutes, per the Committee on Courses Student Engagement Inventory.
To obtain these approvals, the Summer Term Coordinator emails Phil Scher, Divisional Dean for Social Sciences, who will review the request. If the request is approved, the unit may finalize the course information in Banner.
Keep in Mind
- Be familiar with part of term codes and Summer scheduling protocols.
- Allow for the finals schedule during Week 8.
- Consider removing pre-requisites for sequence classes, e.g., 101, 102, 103, so that students may register for the entire sequence before Summer begins.