CASIT serves faculty, staff, and GTFs in the UO College of Arts and Sciences by providing reliable and efficient IT services that complement services provided by UO's central IT unit. We focus on excellent customer service, and are committed to creating an environment where technology allows our faculty, graduate students, and staff to achieve the highest standards of academic inquiry, learning, and service.
CASIT supports all CAS departments, serving the departmental staff, faculty, and GTFs of CAS, a group comprising over two thousand users. For a list of services, see our service catalog. We also offer services to units outside CAS on a fee basis. Services and fees are specified in a Service Level Agreement with the client.
Most CASIT services are not available to CAS from any other source. These include:
- Desktop computer support for faculty and staff
- Secure computer-based exam scheduling, proctoring, and reporting for classes in CAS and other schools
- Computer lab management services
- Hands-on assistance with data storage, virtual machine hosting and configuration, and file share management
- Needs analysis and project management for IT projects
- Volume purchasing for IT equipment.
Our philosophy is to provide a single, efficient source for the shared IT needs of the College's 41 departments and programs (and its Dean's Office) and to support the mission of the College by providing the best services we can with the resources available.
If you need support or would like more information, please see the CASIT website.