Career Non-Tenure Track Faculty FTE Increase/Decrease/Separation

04/01/2020 - 12:00am - RTOs for 12-month NTTF (career and pro tem) due to Dean’s Office for July 1 renewal
Last update: 08/16/2017 - 8:58am


FTE Increase

Due to increased teaching or research load, units will occasionally need to increase FTE for a career NTTF, after the contract has been issued. In this case, if the salary comes from general funds, units should seek approval for the increase in FTE from the Divisional Dean. To enact the FTE increase, submit a PRF. 

Documentation should include:

  • Copy of email from Divisional Dean approving the increased FTE (general funds only).

FTE Decrease

If the unit needs to decrease FTE for a career NTTF due to the employee's request or decreased programmatic need, enact this change with a PRF. Attach a copy of the employee's written request for or acknowledgement of the FTE decrease.


When a career NTTF's position ends mid-contract or at the end of the contract, usually due to resignation, the unit needs to submit a PRF:

  • Job change reason is "Job Record Ends."
  • Make sure you use the position number for the correct position, if the employee has more than one position.
  • Attach a copy of the employee's written notice of resignation, retirement, etc.


Unit --> Dean's Office --> Human Resources --> VP/Provost --> Payroll

  • PRFs are due to Human Resources by the 15th of the month prior to the PRF effective date in order to guarantee timely pay. This means that PRFs should reach CAS by the 5th of the month prior to the PRF effective date.


(541) 346-8605
(541) 346-4441