Academic Advising

Last update: 10/02/2015 - 2:14pm

The University and the College offer various types of academic advising for admitted students. Unit-level advisors should refer to Academic Advising's Student Advising Manual for more information. Types of advising include:

  1. General UO Academic Advising for beginning and undeclared students;
  2. Designated CAS Advisors serve students who are still exploring but are likely to declare a major within CAS;
  3. Faculty Advisors within academic units can best guide declared majors toward completion of their graduation requirements; and
  4. Peer Advisors are a unique category that would require special training, should a unit elect to deploy them.

See the External Links section of this page for more information.



(541) 346-3336